Re: (LONG) Correct non-US solution

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho writes ("Re: (LONG) Correct non-US solution"):
>On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 12:20:35PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
>> Perhaps a better goal (although significantly more difficult) would be
>> to design a system where we can have multiple symmetric masters, where
>> you can upload to any of them, and the propagate packages amongst
>> themselves.
>
>The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is set up like this.  The
>network consists of three hosts; uploads can go in any of them, and
>the files propagate to all of them.  If we go with something like
>this, it would be instructive to study the CTAN setup.

If necessary, I could talk to the CTAN folks and find out what they do
behind the scenes... I've been doing a little bit of CTAN work
(license issue) for a while now and converse fairly regularly with
some of the CTAN maintainers.

Note that CTAN recently has split their archive into main and non-free
trees based upon licenses like we do. :)

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			PhD. Candidate and Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept