Re: evan leibovitch and the LPI certification tests

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 10:49:09AM -0400, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:

> > I find it offensive that you attack VA research,
> > who provides many of the resources we enjoy
> > as Debian developers.
>
> That's MY opinion. Not necessarily yours. I can't get a system without
> RedHat preinstalled from VA Research last I checked, they never returned
> my calls, so as far as I'm concerned, they're about as good a company as
> Compaq or Microsoft. They're more concerned about PR via donations, and
> making money, than they are about customer service.

Ever tried mass-installing Debian? It's simply impossible -- complete, new
debian installations take at least two hours of babysitting.

This makes debian a product VA is incapable of marketing.

Of course, there are ways around this, like imaging drives and whatnot. But,
as someone else mentioned, it costs them money, and they have the right to
expend those resources, or not, as they choose.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

"...Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing..."
	-- Ralph Waldo Emerson