Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

Previously Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> Do I have access to the net within that environment? I just have some
> pre-release slink CDs, so I have to upgrade to the current point
> release by ftp (by an ISDN line - it is accessed like a NIC).

Sure. You are just using the same system, only the root of the filesystem
is changed for processes running in the chroot-environment.

> Do I have access to $DISPLAY somehow and can I use startx, so I can
> test X packages directly?

If you use localhost:0.0 you can use the same display (note that :0.0
doesn't work since the X-socket is in a location the chroot-environment
cannot access). If you want to do startx you have to use a different
display since X is already running.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl