Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

>> "WA" == Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

WA> But vmware is non-free while there is a perfect method to do the
WA> same without vmware:

Looks like the thing I was looking for. For compilation, this should
work, I will try it.

WA> simply create a chroot slink environment and work in there.

WA> The simplest way to do that is to extract the base system
WA> somewhere and as root cd into it and to "chroot bin/sh".

I never done this, so some additional questions:

Do I have access to the net within that environment? I just have some
pre-release slink CDs, so I have to upgrade to the current point
release by ftp (by an ISDN line - it is accessed like a NIC).

Do I have access to $DISPLAY somehow and can I use startx, so I can
test X packages directly?

Ciao,
	Martin