Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

Sorry folks.  I inadvertently posted to debian-devel-announce instead
of debian-devel.  (thanks to Brandon and Edward for pointing this out)

With regard Richard's question regarding GNOME in potato:
GNOME has been copied from the staging area into potato.  I believe
that just about all of the GNOME packages that I copied into Incoming
have been installed into the archive.  However, at least two packages
should get into the archive before the freeze libgtop1 and libghttp1.
I've posted to debian-gtk-gnome about this issue but haven't received
any reply yet.

It'd also be nice to get GNOME for slink out too.  All that really
needs to be done is to build all of the packages we built for potato
for slink.  The current GNOME slink packages are not all up-to-date
with the potato packages.  Many of us don't have slink installed or
don't have a chrooted slink setup so any help with getting GNOME slink
up-to-date would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
Center for Distributed Object Computing, Washington University, St. Louis