Re: Pandora is born

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 09:30:59AM +0200, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> : > Debian DNS administrators, please change nonus.debian.org to be a
> : > CNAME for pandora.debian.org.
>
> That's what I call `democracy'.  :-(  -- Sorry.

Um, non-us has been terribly broken since BEFORE I was a developer.  In
fact, it was broken when I first installed Bo a year and a half ago.

You have yourself pointed out a number of problems including lack of
diskspace for the mirror and the inability to give the archive
maintainers an account which could administer the system (or even at
least just the portion of the ssytem that contained the mirror..)

I don't mean to sound harsh here, but given all the problems with non-us
and its current (still) broken state, a vote would have returned
something like 399 to 1 that pandora be where it is.

* boren tosses matlab across the room and hopes it breaks into a number
  aproaching infinite peices