Re: Pandora is born

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:

> Um, non-us has been terribly broken since BEFORE I was a developer.  In
> fact, it was broken when I first installed Bo a year and a half ago.

Newbie ;-)

> You have yourself pointed out a number of problems including lack of
> diskspace

Hasn't been the concern for non-US. Unless you count a defect disk
drive as lack of diskspace.

> and the inability to give the archive
> maintainers an account which could administer the system (or even at
> least just the portion of the ssytem that contained the mirror..)

Well, we don't have multiple systems on one iron.

A separate system would have solved this, and some months ago Wichert
offered a sponsored box (probably the one that is pandora now
?). Wichert seems to prefer to run non-us in his neighbourhood. Hope
we won't get a Debian Leader in China. Or Island, Tuvalu, wherever ;-)

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@sax.de>		http://www.sax.de/~sr1/