Re: Corel Setup Design Proposal

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 01:52:10PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> > That is an absolutely crappy solution and seems much like a cop-out
> > solution.  I object to this and I _WANT_ KDE in main!  Others would argue
> > that Qt must be priority greater than optional for this or something
> > silly like that, but I'll argue instead that using the "major parts of
> > the system" clause is silly in itself.
>
> Wouldn't work anyway.  If you made a GPL incompatible library a major
> system component no GPL code that used it could be distributed with it.

Somebody somewhere is going to argue that seperate .deb files is seperate
distribution.  You could argue that their interpretation is wrong and it
might be.  Point is that there'd be an argument and people wouldn't
really be satisfied the matter was settled.

I want the matter settled to my satisfaction, which means I'm not gonna
be happy till the license issues are resolved all around and they're both
sitting in main.  THEN I will be satisfied.

<jgoerzen> doogie: you sound highly unstable :-)
<Knghtbrd> jgoerzen - he is.
* doogie bops Knghtbrd
<Knghtbrd> see?  Resorting to violence =D