Desktop Entry Standard

Hi,

Gnome/KDE are standardizing their equivalent of the Debian menu system,
these little .desktop files. It would be nice if maintainers only had to
supply .desktop files, instead of .desktop files and the Debian menu
entries. So I thought I'd bring it up here; maybe interested developers
would like to send comments to the authors of the standard, to be sure it
has all the features of the Debian system (and could therefore replace it
someday).

Please see:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=92584978228426&w=2

Thanks,