Re: [mingp@corel.ca: Anyone in Debian working on or following IPP to make it available on Linux???]

	Thats what I did. I think the printer filters were kind of like
acronyms and you could guess which one might work.  Again, I am not
complaining.  All I am saying is that if some people wanted to invest a good
deal of volunteer effort making printer installation easier under linux,
they would find opportunities to make drastic improvements.
	I love the open production model.  I was confident that some hacked
drivers would start to appear on news groups for my printer, and they did.
The magic filter, apsfilter (?) are wonderful steps, but if you compare with
the standard MS installtion, there is a _long_ way to go.
	As Craig noted, however, the closed nature of MS is a problem.
I have almost no experinece with MS stuff, but I find that if something
doesn't work the easy way, it won't work at all.  And I have no docs and no
tools, and no clues on how to fix it.  Under RH, Slackware, and Debian, I
was always confident that I could find out what was wrong and fix it.