Re: [mingp@corel.ca: Anyone in Debian working on or following IPP to make it available on Linux???]

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 01:59:41AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Is there really absolutely nobody interested in this?

I took a look at the webpage and it seems like it's a proposal for an
IETF draft right now. Most major companies support it like Epson, HP, Sun,
Microsoft, Xerox, .... Judging from the mailing list archive and the project
layout I guess nobody from the free software community was involved. So
right now it seems like an open big business standard. A quick search on
Altavista didn't reveal an ongoing free software project to actually
_implement_ the proposed IETF draft. I guess there's not too much to
package right now unless someone in the community wants to get some
exercise in client/server programming and lpd ;-)

Greetings,

				Christian

--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de