Re: [mingp@corel.ca: Anyone in Debian working on or following IPP to make it available on Linux???]

	I got an epson 740 too.  Some of the other epson drivers worked ok.
I searched and found some hacked drivers, but not for the highest
resolution.  If its easy, could you mail me the file ?

	Another problem was figuring out how to get the printer recognized,
and whether to compile lp.o as a module, and which modules to use , etc. I found
that often nothing would print unless turned things on in  a certain order
(that I never discovered)  I found myself turning the printer on and off and
unloading and loading the modules to get the printer to work. And then one
kernel would assign the port to lp0 and another to lp1, and I would forget
this and go through all the other possible problems.
	I set it up for lose95 for my gfriend.  I just put the epson CD in
and clicked OK, and she could print from MSword.  I would say that
installing this printer under win95 was almost immeasurably easier than
under Debian.  I am not complaining.  I think it was kind of interesting
setting it up under Debian.  If my gfriend had to do it, she might have a
different opinion.  I just don't understand how people can
claim that it is 'easy'.