Re: [mingp@corel.ca: Anyone in Debian working on or following IPP to make it available on Linux???]

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 01:59:41AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Is there really absolutely nobody interested in this?

I'm interested in printing and Linux, however I haven't a printer yet.
I have heard that setting up printing to the point that everything that
CAN print just knows how to and does so sanely either just doesn't work
in Linux, or is an absolute PITA to set up unless your printer happens to
be an Apple LaserWriter or similar PostScript printer.

JHM> Somehow I have more respect for 14 year old Debian developers than
     14 year old Certified Microsoft Serfs.