Re: XML as a standard UNIX config file format (Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn)

On 1999-04-25 23:41, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> I put out a call for this to be packaged quite a few weeks ago.
> As they say, ran it up the flag-pole, but no-one has saluted
> yet.

If no one else wants to do it, then I will (not currently a maintainer
though).

> I wasn't aware that we were required to have a "stance".  Either
> stuff is free or it isn't.  Either some clever people with some
> time and energy either take the effort to get an integration
> subsystem standardized and implemented, or it doesn't happen.
> What else is there to say?

Well... most of the commercial are going java these days with their
system admin stuff (hp-ux, solaris, aix).  Maybe it's something Debian
(as a distribution) wants to consider as well.  Java's commerical
nature might not coexist well with Debian... that's all I meant with
stance.

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind			Phone: 	781.938.5272 (home)
687 Main Street, 2nd Floor	Fax: 	781.938.6641 (fax/modem)