Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 10:44:00AM -0500, David Starner wrote:

> "Marcelo E. Magallon" wrote:
> > What's the advantage of using FreeBSD instead of NetBSD or OpenBSD?

> I got the impression that it is felt that FreeBSD will be a bit
> friendlier to our project than NetBSD, and that OpenBSD's advantages
> will be lost through a Debian/GNU userland.

I personally think that whole "netbsd is evil" thread is a bunch of
paranoid bullshit.  So someone acted like an asshole once.  Someone
could do the same thing with a Debian project, and it wouldn't mean
that we are all a bunch of malicious evil uncooperative people.

But then again I'm not going to work on this project, so those who do
get to pick, I guess.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            <   Sors immanis - et inanis - rota tu volubilis,
davidw@prosa.it            >  status malus - vana salus - semper dissolubilis,