Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 10:44:00AM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> > What's the advantage of using FreeBSD instead of NetBSD or OpenBSD?
>
> I got the impression that it is felt that FreeBSD will be a bit
> friendlier to our project than NetBSD, and that OpenBSD's advantages
> will be lost through a Debian/GNU userland.

Not only that but it'll be easier to port to FreeBSD than to other BSDs
in the early stages because of the ability for FreeBSD to use some things
in emulation while we work on compiling it natively..

If we want something nice to get born in nine months, then sex has to
happen.  We want to have the kind of sex that is acceptable and fun for both
people, not the kind where someone is getting screwed. Let's get some cross
fertilization, but not someone getting screwed.
        -- Larry Wall