Re: Suggestion for change to debian package format

On Mon, 29 Mar, 1999, Brian E. Ermovick wrote:
> Actually, what I usually do, about once a month (mebbe 2-3 if I'm lazy),
> I load up dselect, and set everything to be purged, then (before actually
> starting the purge!) I go and re-select everything I want to keep -- and
> of course dselect loads the deps for that, then I purge -- and yes, I've
> purged nearly 100 packages at one time doing that -- but it *DOES* take
> a good  hour, typically, but it's worth it when I free up 35M :)

Arn't you liable to miss something? I removed the headers for libjpeg and xpm
the other day thinking I would not need them. When I tried to compile xfig
(which I maintain) it bombed out. I have since reinstalled said packages.

--
I consume, therefore I am