Re: Missing ldd? Have libc6 on hold? Get ldso from slink...

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 08:31:16AM -0500, cfm@maine.com wrote:
> My $.02 is longer we wait the harder and more mangled some of
> these things get... what is this utmpd... grrrrr!

utmpd is an ubercool thingy (technical term) that makes it so properly
written apps no longer need to be suid root in order to add a umtp entry
and manipulate the entry they added.

<JHM> AIX - the Unix from the universe where Spock has a beard.