Re: Device detection? [Summary]

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 01:31:23PM -0500, Jonathan P Tomer wrote:
> > The only two components not PCI in new machines these days are internal
> > modems and sound cards.  The sound cards are becoming PCI now too since
>
> and let's not forget those pesky ethernet cards... they do exist in pci
> but for some odd reason are vastly more expensive. i have no idea why
> this is the case, but it is and so many people (well ok, me ;) go for
> isa.

Depends on the brand.  My ethernet card is PCI and cost me $30.  Granted
it's an ne2k-pci, but it does work and is all a workstation or even a
small server needs.

<dark> "Let's form the Linux Standard Linux Standardization Association
        Board. The purpose of this board will be to standardize Linux
        Standardization Organizations."