Re: Missing ldd? Have libc6 on hold? Get ldso from slink...

On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 11:52:40PM -0600, Erick Kinnee wrote:
> >   JC> Fair warning WAS given.
> >
> > Depends on what you consider "fair warning". There was discussion of
> > potato containing glibc2.1 but no flag that it was happening, and if
> > you're paranoid hold off a bit. It was also stated in the debian-devel
> > discussion that the upgrade would not break any binaries compiled with
> > glibc2.0, which has shown to be false, and is even documented in the
> > FAQ shipped with the new libc package. The breakages so far are
> > mostly minor, depending on what's relevant to you. I'm just saying it
> > could have been handled more gracefully.
> >
> > -Larry
>
> People,
> Get a grip. This needed to happen, it is best that it did happen early
> in potato's life. Perl is going to be hard too. Fair warning WAS given.
> If you don't think so you need to read -devel a bit more, and maybe IRC
> a bit.

While generally a good thing, irc for much of the world is unreasonable.

> The biggest casualties seem to be C++ apps.
[..]

This was a known thing too, discussed on this list.

acme-cannon (3.1415) unstable; urgency=low

  * Added safety to prevent operator dismemberment, closes: bug #98765,
    bug #98713, #98714.
  * Added manpage. closes: #98725.

  -- Wile E. Coyote <genius@debian.org>  Sun, 31 Jan 1999 07:49:57 -0600