Re: glibc 2.1 broke a couple of things.

On Sat, Mar 13, 1999 at 12:39:45PM -0500, Seth M. Landsman wrote:
> 	However, I don't, and I try to help in the development and debug
> effort, but need to keep the same machines in a happy working condition so
> that they can still be usable to do real work.
> 	If the machines on which debian were to be tested on were not used
> for real work, how well debugged do you think they'd end up being?  Debian
> would end up being a toy distribution if that were the case (this isn't a
> flame.  This is a point of fact).

People say that development and debugging don't mix very well with
getting work done. Debian surely appreciates every effort to make
the distribution better tested, but it doesn't grant for anything,
especially when the 'unstable' distribution is in question.
It is very nice of you to help the project by testing the 'unstable'
in real conditions, however, if you aren't in position to do it,
don't force it.