Re: glibc 2.1 broke a couple of things.

On Fri, 12 Mar, 1999, Seth M. Landsman wrote:
> 	Okay, fine.  I've downgraded everything necessary (sysvinit, ldso,
> libreadline and ncurses).  I get the same error.  I'm about at the point
> where I'm ready to nuke the system and reinstall (over ftp, that'll take a
> while.  Sigh).  I *MUST* have a working jdk on all my debian systems.  It
> would be real nice if someone could package up a libc6.0 package like is
> done with the libc5 stuff, so that those people who depend on non-cutting
> edge software can still participate in the debugging effort.

Glibc 2 and 2.1 can not co-exist. There is a little known version of Debian
called `stable' that some people doing real work use, you might find it
useful. Unstable is often, well, how do I put it, a bit unstable, and hence
not good for doing real work.

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto