Re: glibc 2.1 broke a couple of things.

> >Unpacking replacement libc6 ...
> >sh: error in loading shared libraries
> >/lib/libncurses.so.4: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
> >Errors were encountered while processing:
> > libc6_2.0.7.19981211-6.deb
>
> You should be thankful that it didn't let you downgrade or it would
> have hosed your system. Downgrade ncurses and libreadline and
> sysvinit and ldso first or you will break your system.

	Okay, fine.  I've downgraded everything necessary (sysvinit, ldso,
libreadline and ncurses).  I get the same error.  I'm about at the point
where I'm ready to nuke the system and reinstall (over ftp, that'll take a
while.  Sigh).  I *MUST* have a working jdk on all my debian systems.  It
would be real nice if someone could package up a libc6.0 package like is
done with the libc5 stuff, so that those people who depend on non-cutting
edge software can still participate in the debugging effort.

	Any thoughts?

-Seth
--
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"