Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> The slink release has been a mess, culminating in a last-minute "sorry, we
> missed it again" announcement.

Nonsense.  Our goal is to have solid releases, not releases which have
a predictable hour of birth.  The slink release would have been a mess
if the release had gone ahead with a serious bug.

Perhaps we should not have predicted a hard 2.1 release date, though
having the date forced us to move forward.  Slink is pretty solid,
just not quite good enough yet.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevind@rahul.net