Re: Thoughts about GIMP Logo Contest [long]

James A. Treacy wrote:
> >  . I refuse to accept that it is a good idea to depend on scalability
> >    of the logo but insist on using a bitmap-based program for its
> >    creation.  Bitmaps are not well scalable by definition, vector
> >    oriented things are, like xfig-based or postscript ones for
> >    example.
> >
> Just because the submission is bitmap based does not mean we will not
> be preparing a vector based version. Scalability of an image (as an

Ok, so this makes the requirement rediculous.  I've created five wannabe
logos with xfig.  To submit them I would need to do the same with GIMP
(which seems to be impossible for me with my current knowledge) and we
will recreate them with xfig to get it scalable.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds