Nazi signature (was: Re: Debian Logo Contest)

djthomp@okstate.edu wrote:
> >> Frightening similarity #1:
> >>
> >> "One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad
> >> "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler
> >
> > Can you please change this signature and remove the reference to
> > the Nazi leader.  Thanks.  We didn't want an equivalent picture
> > on the opensource.org website and we probably don't want to have
> > it under our mails.
>
> My signature is meant to show the similarities between the two. As for
> removing the reference to Hitler, ignoring the past means forgetting
> what has happened in the past, and the only way to change the future is
> to learn from the past.

Please read the thread about the unfortunate drawing ESR placed on
the OpenSource web page.  Comparing M$ with the Nazis belittles the
cruelties the Nazis did to Jews, Sinti, Roma, damaged people etc.

If you continue to use that .signature I'm going to add you as nr.
3 in my killfile.

Regards,

	Joey

PS: Using your realname somewhere in your mail, From: or .sig would
be kind btw.

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds