Re: Kernel 2.2 and Slink

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 11:29:28PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> rightly) is working on the patches for X -- which had some major changes
> just before freeze. And why did the boot-floppies change so much? They
> worked in slink, right? Was it something that _had_ to be done before we
> could ship slink, or was it something that we just didn't want to wait
> another year for?

If I remember correctly, we should have stayed with the old X scheme
in slink too, and split them in potato. But, the freeze was enforced
*after* Branden Robinson uploaded his test packages to 'unstable'
(I don't remember whose fault was it), and so we had to do it in the
slink freeze instead of potato's unstableness. Someone correct me
if I'm wrong.