Re: Kernel 2.2 and Slink

On 11 Feb 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> I don't understand this idea of update packs.  We already have regular
> updates of stable distributions, i.e., 2.0r1, etc.  I think we should
> release, after slink, a 2.1r1 release which is fully Linux kernel 2.2
> ready, including special upgrade notes for the Linux 2.0->2.2
> transition.

If Linux 2.2 is important enough, maybe we could freeze potato as soon as
slink is released, target potato for Linux 2.2 (not only a release which
is "Linux-ready", but make it fully based on Linux 2.2), and delay the
new libc 2.1 to the release after potato.

(If we want to do everything at a time, we could easily repeat the
Debian 2.0 syndrome again).

--
 "e059ffe066ca42abadd5570df3d01908" (a truly random sig)