Gnome to be removed from debian?

Let's face it.  Gnome sucks.  I don't know if I can count how many gnome
versions we have in slink/potato.  And then we have libaries that depend on
gnome, and if a program depends on these secondary libraries, then you have to
try and diddle around just to get it to compile.

I propose that gnome be removed from slink, until the gnome developers get a
clue.  Maybe a distribution removing there pet project will be the clue bat
they need.  They seem not to care about the rest of the world.

Adam

Now, as to why I cc'd policy.  There is a more serious issue at stake.  All
these gnome libs and dev pkgs are quite confusing.  Users have a hard time
deciding what they need.  And gnome hasn't even released 1.0 yet.  With gnome
having major internal changes, on almost a daily basis, and then having those
changes put in debs, leads to great confusion.

No other library has so many versions.

Gnome might be stable, and not have segfaults/crashes.  But having it change
so often is not good.  Debian needs to pick 1(one, uno) version of gnome, and
stick with it.  Not these infinitely different versions.

Adam again.