Re: Getting Slink compatible with Linux-2.2.0

>> Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

 > Don't think so small. Some of us run quite big machines on Debian; my
 > workstation/server at work has ~300MB of swap configured from ~25GB of
 > disk. >128 MB of swap is _not_ very big...

 I'm NOT thinking small.  I'm thinking efficiency.  You are talking 6
 full orders of magnitude in terms of access time.  If you have the
 money to pay for 25 GB of hard disk, I'm sure you have the money to
 afford a motherboard that can take over 1 GB of RAM.  Even if 1 GB of
 RAM is way more expensive than 25 GB of HD, it's not 6 orders of
 magnitude more expensive.

                                         Marcelo