Re: Getting Slink compatible with Linux-2.2.0

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 12:58:41AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 19990126150314.A14830@efis.ucr.ac.cr> you write:
> >
> >a) If you DO NEED a > 128 MB swap file you are in serious trouble.  You
> >   should get more ram; the induced cost of extremely slow operation is much
> >   higher than that of two lousy DIMMs.
>
> Don't think so small. Some of us run quite big machines on Debian; my
> workstation/server at work has ~300MB of swap configured from ~25GB of
> disk. >128 MB of swap is _not_ very big...

Yeah, I agree.  Isn't it possible to create multiple swap partitions
though?  Infact, this makes more sense, in some ways, because you are
utilizing different devices, and, if you can swing it so that you put
your main swap on a different disk than the one that gets the most
use, you can speed things up...  Correct?  I think the size should be
increased, though.

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org