Re: 2.0.36 in slink, so isdnutils should go in as well!
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: 2.0.36 in slink, so isdnutils should go in as well!
- From: Steve Greenland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 22:28:57 -0600
- Message-id: <19990106222857.C13726@neuromancer.@>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- Reply-to: Steve Greenland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>; from Roland Rosenfeld on Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 01:25:00PM +0000
- References: <19990106112950.B21288@janux> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 06-Jan-99, 07:25 (CST), Roland Rosenfeld <email@example.com> wrote:
> Another choice would be to rename the 2.* package to isdnutils2 and
> name the 3.* package isdnutils. But this also isn't very intuitive :-(
I'd like to discourage this. I was really annoyed when ncftp suddenly
became an incomplete beta, and I had to search around and find ncftp2.
(I'm not saying that isdnutils 3.* is an incomplete beta, but if it is
incompatible in a major way, then calling it the same thing will annoy a
bunch of folks. And if you blow away the ability to use the isdn line,
fixing the problem may be a major PITA.)