Re: GPL violations [was Re: Suggestion: Skip Slink!]

On Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 01:06:27PM -0500, ijr@po.cwru.edu wrote:

> This annoys me.  You (meaning Debian as a whole) decide to remove
> KDE because it violates the GPL.  This infraction only recieves a
> "it'll probably get fixed sometime". Some double standard..  Debian is
> allowed to ignore the GPL while software developers must follow it to
> the letter?

KDE were given many many months to resolve their licensing problems
before we acted.

Should we not give ourselves the same time to fix the problem?

at least we have indicated a willingness to fix the problem, which is
a lot more than KDE ever did - they refused to even acknowledge it for
ages.

craig

--
craig sanders