Re: Mesa and 3Dfx

On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 08:52:29PM +0100, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> So if there are problems, which prevent us to distribute them, how
> about providing a package like we do now for pine ß
>
> I would fetch the glide part and the package part and do a
> debian/rules binary to create my package.

This is a possibility. I haven't read the newer, more restrictive
license being used but under the previous one it was not even legal
for people who don't own a 3dfx card to have the libraries. This
makes it rather difficult to (legally) build packages that depend on
them.

I am perfectly willing to create a mesa+glide package if the licensing
issues are worked out. At the same time I am not willing to spend
any time on those problems as I already have a huge Debian TODO list.
So, someone who wants a mesa+glide package needs to figure out
what we need to do to create a legal copy of mesa+glide and I'll
release one.

Jay Treacy