Re: Mesa and 3Dfx

On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 10:35:37AM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
<snip>
> The mesa package is mostly set up to include the creation of a 3dfx version
> (called mesa-glide since it is compiled using the glide library). The problem
> is with glide: the license it uses is incredibly bad. Their lawyers must be
> idiots to write such a bad license.
>
> The previous maintainer gave up on releasing a deb package of glide because
> of the license. Without a Debian package of glide, there can be no Debian
> package of mesa with 3dfx.

As a maintainer, and a user of glide, I'd be willing to package, and
maintain, a installer package..

Provided that is, that people are truly interested....
(Read, if people are willing to test it to death and such I'll do it,
but if its just me I'll continue converting the rpm's to .deb's by hand)

Zephaniah E, Hull.