Re: Suggestion: Skip Slink!

On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 09:16:46AM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:

> When my packages are ready for release and there are no more bugs I
> can fix for slink, why shouldn't I look at upgrading to potato?

There's something to be said for using a product enough to believe in
it, to know it well, and to be able to recommend it to others with
confidence.  I suppose if one doesn't consider oneself interested as
Debian as a whole, but just maintains a few packages (and there is no
problem with this!), then it's fine.  However, I think those of us
(and I think this includes you:-) interested in seeing Debian ship as
a product, a unique release, instead of a stream of packages from apt,
could at the very least run the product we are shipping.  For people
without nice telco's like in the US, it's very important to get a
stable, complete and functional release on a CD, as they are not able
tojust let apt run overnight.

Anyway.. I'm off, heading down to California today:-)

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org