Re: Suggestion: Skip Slink!

On Sun, Jan 03, 1999 at 11:45:49PM -0600, David Welton wrote:
> > 2. Slink release is some time off, and is complicated by the fact
> >    that most developers now run potato.
>
> Really?  I'm not.

I am also not.  Not until my packages are ready to be shipped.  After
that, I'll probably upgrade to potato and recompile a few of my packages
for

> If this is indeed the case, it lends a lot of weight to Ben Collins'
> arguments in favor of not creating another unstable untill we actually
> have a release out the door.  I'm not sure that proposal was perfect,
> but there was certainly some merit to it.

I think the above point that most of us are running potato.  And I still
disagree with Ben's proposal.

> If nothing else it would focus people's attention on the fact that we
> are supposed to be releasing something instead of just bundling all
> the latest bleeding edge software:->

When my packages are ready for release and there are no more bugs I can
fix for slink, why shouldn't I look at upgrading to potato?

--
*sigh*. We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - rcw