Re: intent to package ldap

On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 04:18:50PM -0500, Johnie Ingram wrote:
> "Magosanyi" == Magosanyi Arpad <mag@bunuel.tii.matav.hu> writes:
>
> Magosanyi> Hi!  I intend to package ldap-3.3. It is a package to do
> Magosanyi> Lightweight Dictionary Access Protocol.
>
> Actually, WNPP shows that Dermot Bradley has been working on this
> since May of 1997.  One can only assume its an extraordinarily hard
> package to create.

That's an interesting point. When someone volunteers to do something
and gets it listed in the WNPP list, what sort of timeframe is reasonable?
I've been listed as working on a mars-nwe package (it's a Netware 2/3
emulator) for ages; I have the package pretty much done, but it doesn't
seem to work properly on libc6 and I haven't really gotten around to sorting
out why or finding other people's patches etc. (Specifically, the thing
won't die when requested! When I emailed the author, he asked me to
send him libc6.. ugh :-()

hamish