Re: intent to package ldap

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> > Magosanyi> Hi!  I intend to package ldap-3.3. It is a package to do
> > Magosanyi> Lightweight Dictionary Access Protocol.
> >
> > Actually, WNPP shows that Dermot Bradley has been working on this
> > since May of 1997.  One can only assume its an extraordinarily hard
> > package to create.

I have also been fiddling around with this package. Several problems
arise:

* I think one needs the ISODE-8.0 to build LDAP. I am still working
on this, and I would greatly appreciate any help on getting this package
working.

* To compile slurpd (part of ldap-3.3) on needs threads support. I haven't
figured out yet if libc6 solves this problem.

Alex
"Maenner der Wissenschaft!
 Man sagt ihr viele nach, aber die meisten mit Unrecht." - Karl Kraus

Alexander List @ HTU Graz, Rechbauerstr. 12, A-8010 Graz
Tel: +43-316-873-5111	Fax: +43-316-873-5115

mailto:alexlist@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/alexlist

PGP public key available via WWW or on request