Re: intent to package ldap

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Magosanyi Arpad wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 10:18:50PM +0100, Johnie Ingram wrote:
>
> > Actually, WNPP shows that Dermot Bradley has been working on this
> > since May of 1997.  One can only assume its an extraordinarily hard
> > package to create.

I have yet to get part of it to work (slurpd) that depends on threads -
I've tried libc5 with libpthreads and also libc6.

> -What should I do to have a package soon and avoid multiple paralell work?
> Talk to Dermot Bradley I assume.

Magosanyi has emailed his diffs so I will release a package without a
working slurpd (it's not actually a critical part of ldapd). At some later
point I'd probably turn the package over to someone who reckons they can
fix slurpd - trying to find the problem has driven me mad :-)

Dermot

--
Dermot Bradley
bradley@oldcolo.com, bradley@debian.org