Re: Debian violates GPL?

Please don't misinterpret the GPL like that!

What the GPL *REALLY* says is that we have to do *ONE* of:

 1. Provide sources along with the binaries, which we do on our FTP
    sites and CDs;
 2. Accompany with a written offer valid for 3 years to provide sources
    at a reasonable price;
 3. Accompany with information we received about distributing source code.

Now, since we already do #1 (except in the cases I mention below), why do
you insist that we must also do #2, since GPL only requires one of those?

John