Re: Debian violates GPL?

>>>>> On Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:25:36 -0600, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> said:
 >> diffs).  Also

 John> Whoa, nobody's saying we need to keep every previous release
 John> around!  I see no case when we'd need that many.  All I'm
 John> arguing for, and this I believe is the same as others, is that
 John> as long as there is a .deb of a certain version of a package,
 John> the source used to generate that .deb ought to exist as well.
 John> Please don't confuse things like that.  I'm not saying we need
 John> to keep *every* previous version, not at all.

Actually this is the point.  The GPL says we have to be able to
provide sources for _3_years_ of our modified versions.  This is the
problem that a CVS repository is trying to fix.  We literally do need
to keep _every_ _version_ around for three years following our release
of it.

Dres
--
@James LewisMoss <dres@ioa.com>         |  Blessed Be!