Re: Debian violates GPL?

CVS is poor for archiving binaries.  For compressed files, especially, it is
no better than having all old versions around.

Furtermore, you'd need to distribute all the ,v files on the mirrors so that
people not working from master could get older versions.  Mirrors would have
to have cvs servers running for those that need older versions.

I am far more in favor of the "ref count drops to 0" idea.  Just delete a
given source file when there exist no binary packages that need it.

We do have a serious problem in that on some archs, latest versions of
packages do not work, and the source for the working versions no longer
exists!

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |