Re: a few q's

Martin Bialasinski <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

> JR> The 022 setting is more 'user-friendly' for systems that
> JR> have groups with multiple users.

I fully agree here.

> Yes, but one has to change the default debian behaviour to get this.

Don't we all do this?
I don't see where uid==gid should be good for, so I changed this
behavior locally and I don't think that I'm the only one.

> 002 is reasonable with the default setup.

But where is this good for? If a system is configured to use uid==gid,
than we don't need a file to be group-writable, because the user can
write on it because he is the owner.

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--
 * roland@spinnaker.rhein.de * http://www.rhein.de/~roland/ *
 PGP: 1024/DD08DD6D   2D E7 CC DE D5 8D 78 BE  3C A0 A4 F1 4B 09 CE AF