Re: debian list summaries

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On 15.12.1998., at 12:07, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> >> IMHO it would be reasonable to use existing almost empty
> >> list (about 60 msgs in last three months!) for this kind
> >> of posts - there would be only four to eight of them in
> >> one month. And it is an important announcement for
> >> developers when there is a update for a package in
> >> 'stable', or when libc6 is broken - and not one message
> >> about recent problem 'leeked' from -devel to devel-announce.
> >>
> >> We don't have to (and I certainly don't want to) summarize
> >> each and every little thread on -devel, just the obviously
> >> important ones. Why would that be abuse?
> >
> >Yes.
>
> But I asked *why*?

Think about it.  Summarizing a thread is something different than
posting an announce.  The list is intended for announcements.

> I don't want to request opening a new list if the
> only poster there will be me, since I can't guarantee
> that I'll always be here to make those summaries.

Then post the summary to debian-devel.  People who are not
able to read the entire list will be able to read these
mails through the web interface without going through
every thread.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."