Re: [Re: Nomination talks] IRC is unacceptable

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 07:12:45PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 06:39:21PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > I rarely do IRC; I don't read slashdot more than once a month;
> > I've never been to freshmeat. I'm beginning to think that to survive
> > as a Debian maintainer, or at least to have any input, you have to spend
> > every spare moment at those sites. And sorry, I'm just not interested.
>
> I get a daily message from both of these sites and I am an irc person.  I
> have the time usually (the past 2 days being an exception)  However I
> don't think using any or all of these resources chould be a requirement.

No, it'll never be written to any documentation. But that doesn't
mean it can't effectively become a requirement to be involved.

Right now #debian seems to be busy bagging NT; why should I be interested?
I don't really go for the c00l d00d handles thing either.

Hamish