Re: [Re: Nomination talks] IRC is unacceptable

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 09:29:18AM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:
>   >Even better, a week's notice, on debian-devel-announce. Quite seriously.
>   >I don't mind IRC discussions, but I do mind impromptu ones where
>   >other developers miss out.
>
> No, IRC is no good for those of us who have to pay for telephone
> connection.  It's an horrendously uneconomical use of connection time.

Agreed.  The discussions should not be kept on irc.

> Until Europe has free local calls I will oppose any move to have
> important discussions in an area from which we are effectively excluded.

On the same token, irc is a GREAT resource, why should not those who have
use of it actually make use of it?  Especially if someone wants to
coordinate the effort (should not be one of the candidates I think) and
collect questions from people who can't make it.

It's be a really good thing to do IMO, especially if the logs are
published here.  I also think someone collecting questions for those who
can't attend is a good idea.

--
"You're despicable."  -- Daffy Duck