Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

Le Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 01:34:38AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman écrivait:
> Please note that a DPL can't make something happen. What he can do is try to
> focus people on issues and channel efforts.

Of course, and that's only what I want him to do. :-)

Sorry for the confusion...

> It might be a better idea to start with a new discussion on the setup of our
> archives and take this along.

Probably. The main point of this idea was IMO that when we get into frozen,
we should try to focus on closing bugs of frozen. And try to release it
rapidly, but Joey is right when he tells that we shouldn't force developers
to stop working on other projects... so what can be done ? The best solution
which comes to my mind is that somebody should ask each developer if
he'll close the bugs affecting his packages or if he need help, and so on...

> This group should manage "important" and "critical"

Yes.

> a while for everyone who wants to participate to be subscribed to that
> list and then we'll continue with that.

Yes i've just subscribed.

Cheers,
--