Re: New section in potato?

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > HM> Perhaps, at the same time, we can fix the problem where all X11
> > HM> packages install in /usr/X11R6, rather than just /usr.
> >
> > Do we have to go through this again? Maybe. But after releasing slink,
> > OK?
> Fine. Actually, I don't remember very many people being opposed last time.

What was the result anyway?  I don't remember a discussion but only answers
from others when asked where to install binaries such as "install where the
upstream author would put them" - if this is /usr/bin or /usr/X11R6/bin.
I don't think there has been a strong resolution but only a "leave it as
it is and decide yourself" advise.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Linux - the choice of a GNU generation

Please always Cc to me when answering on the lists.