Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 03:00:33AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Ben Collins wrote:
> > For example the sparc port is aiming at a slink freeze, but they are
> > currently linked in with unstable (potato).
> [.. snip snip ..]
> > So now we, until deep freeze, i386 wont be forked, yet sparc has a chance
> > to catch up.
>
> So you want to stop work on unstable because apparently sparc was not
> frozen in the archive? That sounds like placing the blame in the wrong
> place.

This was one example. It wasn't placing blame. Alpha may have had the same
problems prior to going to frozen. The thing is that the frozen/unstable
fork currently revolves around the schedule of the main dist (i386)
causing problems for ports that may lag behind awhile before freezing.
Once deep freeze is in, the ports that aren't frozen will be put back into
unstable.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org